Woy Woy Public School logo

Woy Woy Public School

Woy Woy Public School

I Aspire is our motto. Respect is our job.

Telephone02 4341 3555

Emailwoywoy-p.school@det.nsw.edu.au

2Y

Welcome to 1/2Y with Mrs Young

We have currently 23 students (14 Year 1 students and 9 Year 2 students), we have had a wonderful start to the year.  This year we are excited to introduce an exciting change; we have begun to incorporate flexible (or alternative) seating. This means that when students are working they will have the freedom to find a confortable space around the room to work. They might be kneeling, standing, sitting, working on the floor, leaning on a lap desk, sitting at a desk on a wobble stool. There are a number of possibilities of what this can look like in a classroom. Research shows that students are able to focus and do their best work when they are confortable. Classrooms are changing the way students workspaces look, for the better!

Each morning students continue to develop their Literacy skills with the support of the program called Language, Learning and Literacy (L3). While students are not reading with Mrs Young they are completing a number of different activities suited to their individual needs.

During each day students' also work on their numeracy skills as part of the Targeting Early Numeracy (TEN) program. We also work on other Mathematical skills throughout the year, such as Measurement & Geometry, 2D & 3D shapes just to name a few.

In 1/2Y we also covers other curriculum areas such as Creative Arts, PD/H/PE, History and Geography and Science and Technology.

I look forward to getting to know all of the students and their families. If you have any questions or concerns please send me a message on class Dojo.

Important days for students:

Monday – Morning assembly, Science (RFF), Homework activity folders go home

Tuesday –

Wednesday – Scripture, Assembly, Computers

Thursdays –

Friday – Sport, Library (RFF)

Related content